So here we are at the last night of the qualification phase for the PDC Premier League tonight in Leeds, England. Northern Ireland’s Daryl Gurney is in contention for qualifying tonight, but results in other games could affect his qualifying.
After last weeks battle on the oche between Gurney and Gerwyn Price, it will be a tense night – hopefully Gurney keeps his head and does the job against Michael Smith, who is now out of contention – and other results go his way.
Gurney said that in the aftermath of last week, he regrets his reaction and that for him he overreacted.
“I regret my reaction at the end of the game,” said Gurney. “I over-reacted and I’ve apologised to Gerwyn.
“For me, that game was the biggest of the season for me. He was the far better player and probably should have won the game, and I did well to get a draw.
“I came away with a very important point. If I’d lost that game and Gerwyn had won it he would have been in the driving seat to qualify for The O2, but we got a draw so if Gerwyn wins [in Leeds] I’ve got to win.
Ways each player qualifies tonight
Rob Cross and Michael Van Gerwen are qualified already.
- Qualifies with a win or a draw.
- If Gurney or Suljovic do not win, Wade has qualified before playing his match.
- If Price draws, he needs Suljovic and Gurney to lose.
- If Price wins, he needs Suljovic and Gurney not to win.
- Needs a better result than Mensur Suljovic and Gerwyn Price.
- Needs a better result than Daryl Gurney and Gerwyn Price.
Night 16 – Thursday May 16
First Direct Arena, Leeds
TV Channel: Sky Sports (1900 GMT)
- Gerwyn Price v Peter Wright
- Daryl Gurney v Michael Smith
- Michael van Gerwen v Mensur Suljovic
- James Wade v Rob Cross